Thursday, August 12, 2010

HANDMADE GIFT IDEA #11


I don't think I can call myself a quilter. I tell those who ask if I quilt, "Only when I need a quilt for something," and from the looks on their faces I think this response doesn't qualify me for "quilter" status. But I do craft and sew a whole lot, and inevitably there is a mountain of leftover fabric. So once or twice year I de-stash by making a scrap quilt.

Scrap quilts are quick and easy - no need to worry about the pattern turning out right. They're also a great way to practice, so that when I do want a pretty quilt for something, my corners are not a complete embarrassment. These scrap quilts make great baby, graduation, and wedding gifts. Or, if I don't have someone specific to give it to, the local homeless and women's shelters are always in need of quilts. So go ahead, get scrappy!

Skills required: easy sewing
Approximate time to craft*: 40+ hours
Approximate cost for supplies*: $5 (the above quilt was made for nothing!)
*Please remember that these are just approximations. CopyCrafts makes no guarantee of their accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment