Monday, October 15, 2012

GINGERBREAD MUMMY MEN


Here's a Halloween treat that is so easy to make, I made it completely on accident.  Seriously. We were making gingerbread men - and yes, I know that it is weird to make Christmas cookies before Halloween, but not so weird in the mind of the 5 year old boy whose idea it was.  So we made gingerbread men to keep the little guy happy, and I had some extra frosting in the fridge so we decided to decorate as well.  We put the frosting in a decorator bag with a number 3 Wilton tip (snipping off the corner of a plastic bag would give you the same effect). After outlining 6 dozen little men in white icing, I still had too much icing left over.   So I began to quickly (and I mean QUICKLY - at this point I wanted nothing more than to be DONE) squirt frosting all over the middle of some of the cookies I had already outlined.  I did this three our four times, looked down, and there they were, these cute little mummy cookies!  I added two chocolate sprinkle eyes, and voila!     And while gingerbread is a traditional Christmas cookie, it has that spiciness that works perfectly for fall as well.  I like them enough I might just have to make them (on purpose this time) for our next Halloween party.

Skills required: baking, easy cake decorating
Approximate time to make*: 2 hours

Approximate cost for supplies*: $5
*Please remember that these are just approximations. CopyCrafts makes no guarantee of their accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment