Monday, February 11, 2013

LEGO STAR WARS VALENTINE


About a month ago I began to get really excited to make Valentine's with my son  (if any of you are rolling your eyes, please keep in mind that he is my first, and he is in Kindergarten - I'll probably roll my eyes with you in a couple years).   There are so many darling Valentine possibilities, and I honestly thought we would never be able to choose.  Then came the bad news.  Yes, they are doing Valentine's this year, but there is no candy allowed.  Seriously, no candy.  On Valentine's Day.   Does anyone else find this WRONG?  I mean, yes, the "responsible parent" side of me should be thrilled that he won't come home on a sugar high, but it seems like it takes away half the fun as well.

The good news is that this severely limited our choices of Valentines, and my little Star Wars fan was of course drawn to this one.  I think they turned out super cute, so I've made my peace with the "no candy" thing (or at least I'm trying).  The cards are a free printable from stitchcraftcreations.com, and can be printed with a colored or white background onto card stock.  We got the glow-sticks from the dollar store (5 for a dollar).  I used a single hole punch to punch holes just above and just below the light saber, and my son stuck the glow sticks through the holes.  Here's my only caution:  if you have a little guy (like mine) putting in the glow sticks, buy extra.  He accidentally cracked several of them so they started to glow, which he thought was wonderful, but which meant we had to go buy more glow sticks.  But we had fun, and we put 24 together in less than an hour, so even if you've left Valentine's till the last minute, these are still easily doable.

Resources: Printable Lego Star Wars Valentine by stitchcraftcreations.com
Skills required: none
Approximate time to craft*: 1 hour for 24 Valentine's   
Approximate cost for supplies*: $5 for 24 Valentine's 
*Please remember that these are just approximations. CopyCrafts makes no guarantee of their accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment